Bony’s departure to Manchester City this week has opened the way for 12-times capped France international Gomis to finally nail down a Swansea starting place. Gomis has started only nine games in all competitions since his summer move from Lyon, but he has scored four times during his limited opportunities and Monk believes he has a ready-made replacement for Bony. Monk says he will not be adding to his striking options having signed Benfica’s Nelson Oliveira on loan last month and again pledged to keep Gomis amid reports the 29-year-old could be a January target for Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Crystal Palace and Newcastle among others. “Speculation will always happen, it has happened with numerous players in the short time I have been doing this job,” Monk said. “But Bafe is looking sharp and contributing every day in training. He is fit and looking forward to this period and that’s all that matters. “He is my number one striker for this period coming up until the end of the season and when you look at the three starts he has had in the last three games I think we have seen a lot from him. “He has been fantastic and he will only get better. “Bafe is different to Bony but he has undoubted quality and he has proved in his career he is a number one striker. “It’s his shirt to lose now Wilfried has gone but I am looking forward to it.” Bony secured his big-money move to the English champions by finishing 2014 as the Barclays Premier League’s top scorer with 20 goals. Swansea manager Garry Monk has challenged Bafetimbi Gomis to fill Wilfried Bony’s scoring shoes and do something Manchester City’s £28million man could not do – score against Chelsea. The powerful 26-year-old Ivorian scored 34 goals in 70 games for Swansea following his £12million switch from Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem in 2013 but he did not manage one against Chelsea in three appearances against the Blues. Indeed, Chelsea were the only team who finished in the top seven of last season’s Premier League that Bony did not score against. League leaders Chelsea boast the second meanest defence in the division behind Southampton but Monk expects his side to create chances against Jose Mourinho’s side in Saturday’s encounter at the Liberty Stadium. “You have a chance in every single game to score goals,” Monk said. “We work incredibly hard to create situations and we have created numerous situations no matter how we play. “Bafe knows the league. He has been here for six months and he has seen every game and has already had minutes. “He understands how it is and I spoke to him in the first five or six games when he was on the bench and he could observe. “He knows who he is up against, the type of football we play and what is expected. “It’s better than having to bring someone else in and trying to get them up to speed. “I think it is more beneficial to have someone that has already been here working with you.” Monk admits he does not know how much of the Bony money will be made available to him for squad strengthening. The Swansea manager has targeted a full-back and a central midfielder in the January transfer window, but accepts the club has plans to increase the Liberty Stadium’s modest capacity of 21,000 and develop the new training ground at Fairwood to the west of the city. “I haven’t sat down (with the chairman) and asked how much have I got,” Monk said. “Of course we have targets but a lot of people will look at that sum of money and we might suffer because clubs think we have it to spend. “But I’m not lying when I say a big chunk will be spent on the infrastructure, and quite rightly so to make the future of this club solid. “We’re a club that has always worked to our budgets and we’re not going to spend stupid money on the whole squad. “I’m looking at all positions like I always do, but it will probably go to the deadline because every club will be trying to finalise things.” Press Association
Given said: “It is huge. It’s a big week building up to it now as well. It’s one of the biggest games we will play in the whole qualifying campaign. “Of course, Poland are a great team, but we are at home and we have got to use that advantage and try to get the win. “It’s not must-win yet, but it’s must-not-lose, I suppose. We have all been here before in this situation the the qualifying campaign. We know how important it is. “It is a huge game, of course, and ideally you want to win your home games and take some points on the road as well.” After victories over Georgia and Gibraltar, the Republic returned from Germany with a creditable 1-1 draw, only to succumb to Shaun Maloney’s strike at Celtic Park in their final qualifier of 2014. Their next two games in the group see them entertain the Poles and the Scots in Dublin and only a healthy return will see them maintain pace with the pace-setters. Martin O’Neill’s men are locked together with the Germans and the Scots on seven points, three behind Poland. Striker Daryl Murphy is refusing to look any further ahead than Sunday’s showdown at the Aviva. Press Association Veteran keeper Shay Given is hoping the Republic of Ireland can blow Euro 2016 qualifying Group D wide open by getting the better of surprise leaders Poland on Sunday. He said: “I think there’s still a lot to play for. This game now coming, we need to get a result. Especially at home, we want to put in a good performance and come out with something after the game. “I wouldn’t look too far beyond that, just look to the game on Sunday and see what we can do.” O’Neill and his players met up at their Portmarnock base on Sunday evening and got to work at nearby Gannon Park in Malahide on Monday morning. Skipper Robbie Keane was due to arrive later from the Los Angeles Galaxy, as were Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter, in the squad for the first time, and Stoke striker Jon Walters, who played 12 minutes as a substitute in Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat by Crystal Palace wearing a protective mask over his fractured cheekbone. Everton duo James McCarthy and Darron Gibson and Burnley defender Stephen Ward were among those who sat out training but O’Neill was not unduly concerned. He said: “It’s not surprising really for James as Everton have played four games in the last 10 or 11 days, Seamus Coleman too. Darron Gibson has a bit of a groin problem – he played yesterday. “Stephen has just had a little bit of difficulty. He’s had an injury which he is coming back from and he’s getting looked at this evening, with the club’s permission, and we might have to do something about that. He’s hoping maybe two or three days on that he’s okay. “Jon is coming in and he’s pretty upbeat. He’s got a mask and played for the last few minutes in the Stoke game and did well to put himself forward for the game, and there is this week. I think he is feeling fine and will be in later today.” O’Neill will not be rushed in selecting his team for a huge game, and 38-year-old Given is determined to use this week to edge himself ahead of regular number one David Forde to claim his 128th senior international cap. He said: “The goalkeepers in general, David and [Keiren] Westwood and [Darren] Randolph as well, we are all a tight team together and whoever he picks, we will support them. “You do wish them well but at the same time, your personal pride and professionalism, you want to play in the game and because it’s such a huge game as well, I would love to play on Sunday. “But I don’t pick the team, I have just got to work hard in training. I have been playing well at Aston Villa when given the chance, and hopefully I might get the nod on Sunday. But if not, I’ll support whoever he picks.” Ireland entertain the unbeaten Poles at the Aviva Stadium desperate to bounce back from November’s 1-0 defeat in Scotland, their first reverse of the campaign to date. With world champions Germany still favourites to finish top of the pile despite a less than auspicious start, the race for the second automatic qualification spot is well and truly on.
When KSI took over the mic, he mocked Paul’s dog, Kong, who died earlier this year after being eaten by a coyote.”In this fight, you’re going to be Kong and I’m going to be the f—ing coyote,” KSI said.Paul seemed genuinely upset by the comments responding, “That was f—ed up. You ruined my day.” Even though Paul and KSI have said some really nasty things to each other in the buildup of each fight, it’s pretty much an act to draw interest in the fight.Join DAZN to watch Logan Paul vs. KSI live on Nov. 9How did Logan Paul vs. KSI start?KSI started his boxing career before Paul, fighting YouTuber Joe Weller on Feb. 3, 2018. After winning via knockout in the third round, KSI called out the Paul brothers (Logan and Jake).”If any YouTuber wants it, you can come get it,” KSI said after the win. “Jake Paul, Logan Paul, any of the Pauls, I don’t care.”KSI was initially scheduled to fight Jake, but after some discussions, Logan became the opponent.The two YouTube stars agreed on a two-fight contract, with the first fight organized by KSI’s team and the second fight to be run by Paul’s team.A few months before the first fight started, KSI admitted to TMZ Sports he viewed Paul as a way to help launch his professional career. “I wanna squeeze out every bit of relevancy from him, and then move onto my bigger goal which is to go pro and be a professional fighter,” KSI told TMZ. “Right now Logan Paul is just a stepping stone.”But even though KSI is leveraging Paul’s fame for his own benefit, that doesn’t mean he and Paul haven’t had their run-ins. The press conferences for each fight have been filled with controversial statements and actions.Join DAZN to watch Logan Paul vs. KSI live on Nov. 9Logan Paul storms out of press conferenceIn the buildup for the first fight, during the second press conference both KSI and his brother Deji hurled insults at Paul’s girlfriend and family. For instance, KSI made fun of the fact Paul lost 15% of his testicle during a stunt.”Apparently you only have 85% of your testicle,” KSI said. “Let me give [your girlfriend] the extra 15. Let me show her a real man.”He also mocked Paul’s “ludicrous mom” and “disgusting, delusional dad.” After several other exchanges, Paul eventually left the press conference early.i would rather be vocal with silence than vocal with ignorance pic.twitter.com/OJGTOjkz0B— Logan Paul (@LoganPaul) July 19, 2018Warning: video has explicit languageLogan Paul and KSI diss tracksLogan PaulKSIPaul and KSI both make music so it wasn’t exactly a surprise when the two made diss tracks for one another. KSI’s track made fun of Paul’s controversy where he filmed a corpse hanging in Japan’s “Suicide Forest.”Join DAZN to watch Logan Paul vs. KSI live on Nov. 9Logan Paul and KSI rematch press conferenceJust like with the first fight, things got very heated between the two YouTubers during their press conference. Warning: video has explicit languageDuring the first press conference for the fight, Paul made several references to KSI’s family drama. KSI and his brother, Deji (who fought as a co-main event during the first fight), have had a public falling out. Deji accused KSI of physically and emotionally abusing him since they began making videos together in 2012. Deji also claimed KSI hit his mother, which is something KSI emphatically denied.”Your brother doesn’t like you,” Paul said. “Where’s Deji at? Where the f— is Deji at? Where’s your family at? Last time I remember, you were hitting your mom on Christmas and you got kicked out of the house for that.” You may know about Logan Paul and KSI’s initial fight, and their rematch scheduled for Nov. 9, but you may not fully understand why they’re fighting one another.Yes, they’re both famous YouTubers, but they own different markets of the YouTube community. Paul got his start with comedy sketches and daily vlogs while KSI started as a gaming YouTuber who ventured into music. It doesn’t seem likely that these two would cross paths to the point where they’d want to fight each other. And that’s basically true.