Sportech broadens gaming capacities with LOT.TO strategic investment

first_img Sportech highlights new client wins under lockdown June 26, 2020 StumbleUpon Submit Ian Hogg joins RPM Gaming as Chairman May 5, 2020 Related Articles Share Richard McGuire – SportechLSE-listed wagering and racing systems provider Sportech Plc has entered a ‘strategic alliance‘ with London-based iLottery systems provider LOT.TO – seeking to ‘broaden its suite of gaming opportunities’.Sportech has moved to acquire LOT.TO’s enterprise outright on a share-for-share basis. The transaction sees LOT.TO continue to operate as a stand-alone outfit, with Sportech confirming that ‘the acquisition would be non-material in the context of the group’.Richard McGuire, Executive Chairman of Sportech, explained: “The global gambling market is estimated to reach an annual turnover of US$ 635bn by 2020, with the lottery sector accounting for about 30% of that.“Our strategic alliance with LOT.TO will enhance our existing successful core lottery product and will help us to capitalise on the worldwide growth of lottery and lottery-style games and reach an ever-expanding digital audience.”Founded in 2016 by a team of seasoned digital and lottery executives led by Andrew Lindley, LOT.TO seeks to merge lottery, betting and community engagement dynamics, aiming to deliver next-generation lotto games for new audiences, with its inventory supported by best-in-class player account management systems.Andrew Lindley – LOT.TOBacking Sportech as lead investor, Andrew Lindley, CEO & Co-Founder of LOT.TO, stated: “For a worldwide appeal, no other gambling product comes close to lotteries.“Our future with Sportech is hugely exciting because our clients can benefit from the combination of Sportech’s proven robust processing technology and hardware and our innovative iLottery platform in a single offering as well as the obvious synergies in sports betting platforms. Together, we can offer clients a truly world-class omni-channel solution that’s incredibly powerful.” UK Tote gains international ‘commingling pool ecosystem’ with Sportech April 17, 2020 Sharelast_img read more

Essien confirms Ghana return to coach Stevanovic

first_imgGhana midfielder supremo Michael Essien has told coach Goran Stevanovic he will return to the Black Stars for next month’s crucial African Cup of Nations qualifier against Congo.The Chelsea star player told the Serbian coach of his return to the team on Thursday during a telephone conversation.This means he will be available for the friendly against England three days after the game in Brazzaville.Essien took a temporary break from international duties last year but did state his exact return date, sparking fears of a decision to retire permanently from the team.The softly approach of the Serbian manager is yielding the desired results as the Chelsea star spoke with the new coach on Thursday to assure him of his commitment to his country.“I spoke with Michael Essien few moments ago and he has confirmed that he will return to the squad for our next game,” Stevanovic told Ghanasoccernet.com on Thursday. “This is good news for all of us because for a long time we have not had all of our players because of injuries and a combination of other factors.“Essien is a key player for Ghana and I am delighted that, like all the other players of the Black Stars he wants to play and help his country.“If we deploy all our best players we should be able to improve on our recent good results and performances.“We need everybody on board to make the Black Stars better and to help our aim of winning titles. Essien’s decision is important for Ghana and it shows he is a patriot.”Despite the confirmation by Essien, Stevanovic will travel to meet the Chelsea star next week. The Serbian manager will also meet Asamoah Gyan and the other Ghanaian players he has not seen so far.The new coach held a similar meeting with Sulley Muntari in Milan last month which paved the way for the ex-Inter star to return to the national team fold after a silent suspension over disciplinary problems.His recall to the Black Stars sparked confidence in the midfielder who subsequently excelled in the 4-1 friendly win over Togo last week.Kevin Prince Boateng also held a meeting with the coach in Milan.Source: Ghanasoccernetlast_img read more

Vikings working out Morris Claiborne amid defensive back shortage, report says

first_imgMinnesota gave up the third-fewest passing yards (3,140) in the league last year and had a formidable defensive line. But that will be difficult to replicate without depth.The Vikings finished last season 8-7-1 and missed the playoffs. Colts being cautious with Andrew Luck, cite Kevin Durant’s Achilles injury Minnesota is looking to shore up its defense, and it’s working out some veterans in hopes of finding a match.The Vikings are working out free agent cornerback Morris Claiborne alongside other seasoned secondary talents, according to an NFL Network report. The 29-year-old veteran recorded career highs of 57 tackles and two interceptions in 15 games for the Jets last season. He was selected by the Cowboys with the No. 6 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, but hasn’t quite lived up to the lofty expectations set for him. Corey Coleman injury update: Giants receiver out for season after tearing ACLcenter_img The #Vikings continue to kick the tires on veteran CBs, working out Mo Claiborne today, sources say. No CB crisis in Minnesota, even with Mike Hughes on PUP and Holton Hill suspended. Just examining options as camp kicks off in earnest.— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 26, 2019The Vikings are simply understaffed when it comes to defensive backs. Second-year cornerback Mike Hughes was placed on the PUP list Friday and is looking to bounce back from an ACL tear he suffered last season. Holton Hill has been suspended for the first eight games of 2019 after violating multiple league policies in recent months. Related News Nevertheless, Claiborne could help solidify Minnesota’s young group.last_img read more

REMEMBERING 9/11: TRAVEL WRITER STAYING IN RATHMULLAN WRITES ABOUT THAT DAY

first_imgAn American travel writer, Michelle Erdvig, staying at Rathmullan Cottages in September 2001 remembers the horrible news coming through from her home country – as four planes hijacked by terrorists attacked the States.You can read Michelle’s blog here:http://irelandyes.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/a-yank-in-ireland-remembers-september-11-2001/ REMEMBERING 9/11: TRAVEL WRITER STAYING IN RATHMULLAN WRITES ABOUT THAT DAY was last modified: September 11th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img